Friday, February 25, 2011

No Bookmark Needed

I'm not a reader. There I said it. My Husband loves to read. He will read anything. Maybe even twice sometimes. Weirdo. For some odd reason he wants me to pick up a book too. He says its because he wants us to have some reading time together. I think he just wants to see if the book will melt in my hands. I don't know why I can't get into reading. I think it's because I just hadn't found a book to keep me interested. After reading the first paragraph if I'm not "lost" in the story, I'm not going to be into it. What? I'm a girl who knows what she likes. The rambling has a point, I swear.
My Mother in-law had a book sitting on the counter that caught my eye. It had a doggy on the cover. I love doggies! I love anything about animals. I'm an animal lover. (Like you haven't picked that up already!) Jackson always thought that the book I read would have to have pictures in it. No, dogs will do just fine. The book I picked up was The Art of Racing in the Rain by: Garth Stein.
The Art of Racing in the Rain: A Novel [Book]
I couldn't put this book down. I finished it in two days. For a non-reader (such as myself) I thought that was pretty good. This book made me laugh, cry, and everything in between. My Husband would be proud!

1 comment: